Sunday, April 29, 2012

mini 39

Miniature #39- April 23 - 29, 2012,  6.75 x 6.25 in, ballpoint pen and acrylic on panel
...so Alphonse Mucha walks into a bar and sits down next to a Beatles poster.  (haha)

I'm posting this near the end of the day because I photographed, then re-photographed, then re-re-photographed, and have come to the conclusion that the screen just can't capture this background color in all its highway-roadwork-safety-orange loveliness.  The new pack of pens almost tripled my color options, so I may have been over a little over-enthusiastic, using light blue, dark blue, purple, pink, and green (and white).

This week I also prepared the panel for a larger work in this technique, finished the under-drawing on a Gothic-inspired work, and (drumroll.....) finished a painting!

(c) Haven't decided on a title quite yet, 2012, mixed media on panel, 24 x 48 in 
For not having a model, I think the wings turned out pretty well; though working on then has reinforced my longing for a taxidermied bird with the wings spread. 
Also pretty happy with the hands