Monday, September 12, 2016

The Week of No Art

The Week of No Art.

For health reasons, I wasn't able to do much this arting week.  Much time was spent resting with the kitties (who shared me - usually my Princess sleeps next to my head or shoulder, and Jr. has the lower half of the bed as her domain, but when it became apparent to them that I couldn't reach down to pet her, Princess gave her little sister a temporary pass to snuggle under my arm so I could pet them both.)  My Little Bear is recovering from her spay surgery - she did great, and I was happy that I could be home with her while she recovered.

Since I couldn't make much art, I read about art - finally reading Douglas Percy Bliss' "A History of Wood Engraving," and looking up the not-pictured references as I go; and I went to a movie about art - Pieter van Huystee's "Hieronymus Bosch, Touched by the Devil," a documentary about a group of art-world professionals organizing a major retrospective of Bosch's work in his hometown on the 500th anniversary of his death.  And I did my best to keep up in the course I'm taking in Adobe Illustrator.  

All good things...but it's not the same.  

Thankfully, I'm on the mend and (fingers crossed!) will have a green light to get back to work soon.